Goodbye, Steve.

You lived. You really, really lived.

112 thoughts on “Goodbye, Steve.

1. “Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do,” he told the Stanford grads in 2005.
    “If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the years roll on.”

Inspiring.

2. The day the music died….RIP Steve Jobs (1955-2011)

3. Andre Elijah says:

He changed all of our lives. Design, interfaces, communication. He rewrote all of it.

4. A goodie is a goodie is a goodie…

5. Carlos says:

I never met Steve but I feel like I’ve lost a friend. RIP.

6. Well said. beats all that “we’ve had this article ready for 4 months” shit i keep seeing on the net.

7. …the man died but the legend lives on

8. Nikesh says:

RIP Steve.

9. thank you for not trotting out a canned obit for a genius.

a hat tip, a pause, a heartfelt thank you… and make something wonderful happen.

10. Aaron Klein says:

So true.

Please, nobody write “first!” as a comment.

11. I love this quote….

I want to put a ding in the universe. – Steve Jobs

…and he did…

12. Sameer says:

… and he inspired millions to live … to rise from the mundane …. the world is a sadder place without him..

13. Alexa says:

“I’d rather be a pirate than join the Navy.”

14. And you gave us great insights on how to live. Wish I’d spent my 62 years half as wisely as you spent your 56. RIP Steve.

15. Parit says:

Its not the days in your life, but the life in your days. Steve, no one will fill the big boots you have emptied. RIP

16. he said he wanted to “put a ding in the universe” and I think he succeeded.

17. Thank you Steve!
    “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” _Steve Jobs http://pic.twitter.com/QtnJRgk2

Today we loose a Visionary! A Legend!

18. RIP Steve… U teached me how to think :(

19. Ahsan Ali says:

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve
    ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because
    almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of
    embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of
    death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are
    going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you
    have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not
    to follow your heart.”
    — from his 2005 commencement address at Stanford

20. @newxcombr says:

Sad to see such a great mind and great entrepreneur to die so young at 56 years old. The world has lost today one of the greatest visionaries! Steve was one of the few who could bring the future into the present. RIP

21. …if you have a dent in the universe – you will feel the earth shake…

22. He was a true visionary. His story of struggle, success, failure and finally unfathomable life changing innovation and achievement is an inspiration for anyone with a heartbeat. Rest in peace Steve. You’ll be missed, especially by this guy named MG who’s currently weeping over a Macbook Air.

23. Neal Blaak says:

RIP Steve! Today we all lost a great visionary, innovator, and leader in the world or technology, education, and entertainment. I am grateful to have met one of the founders of Apple and even more grateful to be able to enjoy all of its great products. My thoughts are with you and your family.

24. i got emotional after a long time :(. Steve Jobs.. you changed the way we view and live with technology.

25. iSad !! He is the person who has shown all of us how a smart phone should be like..

26. f055 says:

Rest in peace, Steve. We will stay hungry, we will stay foolish, don’t you worry.

27. He said : This changes everything. And it did when apple launched products. Steve is no more. But this doesnt change anything , he will be remembered everytime someone uses an apple product. Much respect and R.I.P

28. Black Adder says:

The light that burns twice as bright burns for half as long – and you have burned so very, very brightly, Steve.

29. I never tear up when people who are famous die but damn if I didnt over this. He’s on the list of people I wish I knew personally. He’ll be sorely missed all.

30. Matt Douglas says:

I became an entrepreneur largely because of Steve’s inspiration. He showed me that the careful combination of creativity, arrogance, and self-awareness are the three most important characteristics of a successful entrepreneur. Sound about right, Mike?

• May be one way to appreciate his and your/our live/s and work – is to accept the process of reinventing and rethinking yourself and/or your way of life – to reflect, rethink and recover and change – instantly…;-)

31. Been dreading this day… doesn’t make it any the less sad :(

32. A true visionary…. Thank you, Steve…

33. raincoaster says:

I got into tech because of this man. I didn’t go into it to make money: I got into it because he convinced me that I could change the world. And he was right. And we are all changing the world, right now, because of this man.

I’m not the only one crying at the Starbucks today.

34. Steve, your genius is forever!

35. Jeff Manes says:

Well put.

His contributions to the world will be around for many generations to come.

36. don says:

Its a sad day, cant remember too many business people that have ever inspired so many

37. This is like losing John Lennon, Elvis, and Michael Jackson all on the same day – he transcended pop culture, music, entertainment, technology, and entrepreneurship like no one before him.

38. Evan Burns says:

Very sad day.

39. Dolores says:

Some people just live, other people really make a difference and leave a legacy behind. To the family left behind our prayer are with you. He lived an amazing life. D. Guzman

40. Sad. May the force be with him and his family.

41. Abhinav says:

In history, the first Apple that comes to mind is that of Adam & Eve. The second Apple derives of Newton’s Law of Gravity. The third is Steve’s Apple Computer. His legacy is forever immortalized. He will not be forgotten. RIP Steve Jobs.

42. GADEL says:

Rip Steve! Job well done.

43. Arin Basu says:

Farewell, Steve. You are in our hearts. In our devices. Everywhere we see excellence, we shall find you there.

44. Ari says:

He lit his torch, he carried it all the way, and he showed us how to do it too. That was the holy trinity of his great achievement. May he live on through it forever.

45. Candy A. says:

Where would we be without you?
    RIP, you did great things.

46. Mark F says:

He’s an example of the corporate greed Obama and the protesters on Wall Street talk about. Amassing vast wealth exploiting third world labor and on the backs of thousands.

Flying high above the rest of us on his private jet.

Time for Eric Holder to grab our fair share of his ill gotten gains and give it back to those if us in need.

For shame.

• A says:

Hillarious, a parasite claiming his undeserved slice of pie that able minds created.

It’s you who’s greedy, wanting something you don’t deserve.

47. ekerala says:

“Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure — these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”

– Steve Jobs

He truly lived!

48. Funny Images says:

Steve’s effort makes Apple famous in the world

49. kobo says:

Steve, you have come to the last step of your thousand mile journey but you have carved a new path for others to walk through. Great menand women will now lead by following this path. RIP

50. Pietro says:

iPhone 4s = iPhone for Steve (cit.)

51. Steve says:

Without the iPhone’s revolution I wouldn’t be surprised if we are still using fanciful iterations of candy bar, flip and stylus- dependent touch phones. Steve’s iPhone came to knock the mainstream phone makers to sit up and, up till now, most of them are still playing catch up. The iPhone Revolution is not just in hardware but in software and a whole ecosystem of business model. This space is not enough for me to talk about the equally revolutionary nature of the other iDevices (iPod, iPad, etc). I pray that with Steve’s absence, the tech world would not enter into another Dark Age of Innovation…
    RIP, Dear Steve Jobs.
    … Your physical absence at Apple prior to your demise probably explains the delay in the release of iPhone 4S and the apparent mixed reception it is having now…
    “Damirifa due, Oberima Steve! Onipa abeyeebi na woanbeye ne nyinaa…” (The quote is in my mother tongue, Ashanti)

52. Manu says:

An inspiration and a change agent. Much admired, loved and feared. You must be visionary and stubborn to affect change. RIP Steve Jobs.

53. anubhav says:

what does “t” stand fro here ?? any guesses….

54. We miss you Steve

“Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.”-Steve Jobs..

55. Bold enough to believe he could change the world & talented enough to do it

56. Dansker says:

Gaymeter: OVER 9000!!!

57. Tim says:

Rest in Peace Steve Jobs!

58. Anca Criss says:

So so so saddened.. :(
    No other name will be able to become a synonym of Apple..

59. GMTW says:

Such a sad day.

60. About to give up everything and start pursuing ideas and dreams!!! :phttp://uncrunched.com/2011/10/05/goodbye-steve/#comment-form-guesthttp://uncrunched.com/2011/10/05/goodbye-steve/#comment-form-load-service:Facebook

61. Truly a genius. Wish we could have seen more of his innovations! RIP Steve.

62. Steve really put a dent on the universe!

63. people are sharing a lot of images.. we created a wall to view them:
    remembersteve.pixt.com

64. JenSmith75 says:

The world was a better place because of Steve Jobs was in it! Technology is where it is today because of Steve Jobs and his visionary spirit and talent! I thank him for all that he contributed to this world! And will forever be grateful to him and remember him fondly! Love A Apple Fan And User For Life!

65. RIP Steve Jobs you are truly an inspiration!

66. RIP Steve. It’s a very sad day for the world.

67. Anthony Bullock says:

He was somebody whose judgement you could trust and believe in.

68. My inspiration. I will miss you Steve.

69. Danny says:

Mike I am 23 year old American, just left my current job in a startup in order to found my own, I have just linked my first blog post to this blog post. My name is Danny Haber and this is my blog: legendarymoves.com

70. rohini kumar says:

rest in peace sir..
    we salute your dedication and hard work.